Saturday, January 2, 2016

Day 1: Setting Myself Up for Happy

After the eventful night out for New Year's, I left Biloxi and headed home to have lunch with my family. We enjoyed fried porkchops, black-eyed peas, cornbread, collards, and macaroni and cheese. All of the traditional "good luck" foods. I made sure to eat plenty of collards (money) and peas (luck) because I could use an extra dose of those in the new year.

After visiting with the family I ended up in my room watching Pop Up Videos and working on my New Years Resolutions. I know it seems cliche, but making resolutions actually helps me to focus on a task. I change up my goals monthly, but resolutions are something to persist at the entire year through. If you know me personally, you know that I am one of those people who makes lists...for everything! So why should this be any different?

Resolution for the year: 

Yes, you read that correctly. My resolution is to just be happy again. No strings attached, no special diet necessary, no nothing other than just doing whatever it is that will make me completely happy. 

Now don't get me wrong, I've got other GOALS in mind, but only one resolution. And I honestly feel like this resolution is going to take some time to meet. It's time to be selfish and focus on me for a change. It's time for me to regain the confidence and happiness I've lost over the last year. And it's time for me to make myself a priority. It's time I finally find my happy again.

Here's to Searching,
Jana







No comments:

Post a Comment