Friday, January 15, 2016

The Happiest Place on Earth: Part 3

Saturday after my race...and the night before B would run her marathon, we had the pleasure of eating at a character dinner at the Grand Floridian resort in Disney. The character dinner we chose was the Cinderella one and it was as much fun as it sounds. B had us shirts made with pictures of the step sisters on them that say "And We'll Never Be Royals". They were a huge hit!

On our way to the character dinner

Whoa Nelly! Just a few of the delicious desserts they had to offer! B and I both agreed that the cannoli and the chocolate mousse were our favorites.

After a delicious dinner full of amazing desserts and an all you can eat buffet style meal, we rode the monorail back to the main area where we would catch the bus back to the resort. We chose to eat fairly early so B would have plenty of time to sleep and so that I could rest up from my race. We were tired from flying in the day prior as well, so it was much needed. 

On Monday, we were up bright and early. The weather was really cool, which was very surprising so we found ourselves donning our hoodies and closed toed shoes to keep our feet warm. We spent our first day of park time in Magic Kingdom and we closed it down after seeing Wishes, which is an impressive firework display. The last time we had been in Disney, we had been standing behind the castle, so we missed a lot of the important parts. It was nice to have a good place to view it from. 

For me, B and I had a great day and we ate and rode rides and walked out our soreness. Overall it was an amazing day! The best part, in my opinion, was actually on the bus ride home when everyone busted out singing Bohemian Rhapsody. Can't go wrong with that song. 

Walking into Magic Kingdom early to go eat at Be Our Guest

 Had to get a picture in front of the castle in our "bling"

 One of our many bus rides of the day

Tea Cups! 

 Taking a Break!

 Showing off my new Mickey sunglasses

When B heard I'd never ridden in Dumbo, we remedied it immediately. And I got this super cute picture in the stationary Dumbo they had next to the ride. 

 The castle lighting during "Wishes"

 Another view of the castle during "Wishes"

On Tuesday we got up early again so we could hit up a character breakfast in Animal Kingdom. I was pretty excited, but also sad because I knew I was flying out that afternoon. And honestly, there is no sadder feeling than leaving the Disney bubble. We decided we would make the most of the day and we did! We even managed to squeeze in 2 rides on Expedition Everest...which was the best thing ever! 

Before I left our resort I had to take a picture in the giant 80' sign! I am an 80's baby afterall! :) 

 The Tree of Life in Animal Kingdom

 I was so excited to be at the character breakfast! 

Donald was so sweet! When he signed B's race bib he wrote that he was #1!

Mickey was pretty cool too. He gave me a big hug!

Goofy was sweet as they come!

Daisy is one character I had never met, so I was pretty excited when she came to our table.

And then she attack kissed me...which was hilarious!

Gearing up for ride #1 on Expedition Everest

We survived ride #1 and hit it again for ride #2!

At the end of our day in Animal Kingdom, around 1pm, we loaded the bus and headed back to the resort. My flight didn't leave until 7:30pm, but I had to catch the bus to the airport at 4:30pm. We got back to the resort and grabbed a quick bite before hitting the room for a quick nap. After my nap was over I gathered my belongings and walked to the front of the resort to catch the Disney Magical Express to the airport. 

B and I sitting at the bus stop waiting on the Disney Magical Express

When the bus arrived I hugged B goodbye and loaded up on the bus. I sadly waved goodbye to Mickey as we drove out of the Disney bubble and headed towards the airport. 2 flights later I arrived home around midnight, just in time to sleep for 5 hours before having to be at work. 

Needless to say, the trip was well worth being tired and it was nice to be happy for a little while. I need more moments like that and less feeling terrible. I know those days are coming. I just need to be patient. 

Always seeking more happy,
Jana



No comments:

Post a Comment